OCTAVISION (established 1990) award is given to an OCTA member theatre which has established and successfully accomplished a substantial long-range goal in the most successful manner, with consideration given to the difficulty and appropriateness of the goal and its means of accomplishing it. It represents the efforts that can be accomplished through the theatre community working together. Member theatres submit recommendation.
This award is to be given in odd years.
History: This award was established to honor those OCTA theatres who had a visions for their theatre and accomplished the completion of this established goal in the most successful manner, with consideration of the difficulty and appropriateness of the goal and the means of accomplishing it. This award would only be given if a suitable nomination was received.
The theatre must meet the following criteria:
(1) Attach a completed Cover Letter Form
(2) Attach a list of the current Board of Directors
(3) Describe the established goal, such as remodeling, converting a building, going from community to nonprofit, burning a mortgage.
(4) The goal must have been successfully completed when nominated
(5) The theatre must have been an OCTA member in the previous membership year.
OCTAVision Past Recipients
2013 Theatre Tulsa
2011 Ponca Playhouse, Inc.
2010 Heller Theatre, Tulsa
2009 Grove Playmakers
2007 Muskogee Little Theatre
2004 Sooner Theatre, Norman
2000 Cushing Community Theatre
1996 Ponca Playhouse, Ponca City
1994 Shortgrass Playhouse, Hobart
1992 Sapulpa Community Theatre